Comprehensive information about specific gene variants and their impact on diagnosis and treatment is now available in an easily searchable database – it’s time to get to grips with genomics
1. Taylor C. ‘A battle is looming’ - GP urges docs to join the genomics revolution. www.nzdoctor.co.nz/article/news/battle-looming-gp-urges-docs-join-genomics-revolution
2. Medsafe. Pharmacogenomics – helps reduce rash decisions. Prescriber Update 2018:39(2);25–27. https://bit.ly/2M4k9kR
3. Whirl-Carrillo M, McDonagh EM, Hebert JM et al. Pharmacogenomics knowledge for personalized medicine. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2012;92(4):414–17.
4. Rademaker M. Drug hypersensitivity syndrome. DermNet NZ 2004, updated 2016. www.dermnetnz.org
5. Keller SF, Lu N, Blumenthal KG et al. Racial/ethnic variation and risk factors for allopurinol-associated severe cutaneous adverse reactions: a cohort study. Ann Rheum Dis 2018; doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-212905 (Epub ahead of print)