The PSAAP Group met virtually and discussed a range of issues including:
- An acknowledgement of the work from primary care in response to operating under the present COVID-19 community transmission environment and increased demand for testing.
- An update was given by the Ministry of Health on the current status of the COVID-19 vaccine and immunisation programme. The PSAAP Group discussed the preparation needed for the successful roll-out of the programme and the importance of equity for the campaign.
- A discussion on the priorities for the primary care sector in the upcoming year, focused on the COVID-19 response and the COVID-19 vaccine and immunisation programme. The group acknowledged the importance of stewardship and leadership in the current settings.
- Commitment to progressing work on gender identification in primary care. In particular the group noted the operational decision made to ensure people who identify as non-male receive the higher female capitation funding rate, and the commitment to keep working with consumers as part of a working group.
- An update on the challenges with utilisation data on the Community Services Card and Zero Fees for Under-14s initiatives.