Listening to podcasts
New Zealand Doctor’s guide to listening to podcasts:
It’s easy to listen to podcasts – be it in your car, in your pocket or at your desktop.
What you need
A computer or smart phone
How to do it
- Your phone will come with a “podcasts” app included.
- Open the app and click on the “search” option at the bottom right of the page. There, type in New Zealand Doctor and search.
- The results will show up the New Zealand Doctor podcast and, above that, some recent episodes. Scroll down and click on the podcast.
- Once in the New Zealand Doctor podcast page, click “subscribe”.
- After subscribing, the podcast will appear in “my podcasts” (at the bottom of the app).
- When you click on the podcast from that menu, you will be able to see which episodes are new, which you haven’t listened to and either download or stream them.
- Episodes are played by clicking on them. To download, either hit the cloud button with an arrow on the right or, if you don’t have that button, “download” is an option on the menu (three dots next to the podcast title).
- You will need to install your own podcast app.
- I use “Castbox” but there are plenty of others.
- Generally, with most apps you can search the New Zealand Doctor podcast in the search facility, and then click “subscribe”, which is sometimes displayed as a plus symbol.
- From there, you will have the New Zealand Doctor podcast in your podcast library and be able to download or stream episodes as you like.
- You can also use your computer to play podcasts. This is done through iTunes following similar steps to the iPhone technique.
- Open iTunes, search for the name of the podcase you are looking for.
- When you find the New Zealand Doctor podcast, click on the logo and then click subscribe under the main logo on the podcast’s page.
- You can then download or stream episodes through iTunes.