1. Taddio A, Appleton M, Bortolussi R, et al. Reducing the pain of childhood vaccination: An evidence based clinical practice guideline (summary). CMAJ 2010;182(18):E843–55.
2. Lee VY, Booy R, Skinner R, et al. The effect of exercise on vaccine-related pain, anxiety and fear during HPV vaccinations in adolescents. Vaccine 2018;36(23):3254–59.
3. Love AS, Love RJ. Considering needle phobia among adult patients during mass COVID-19 vaccinations. J Prim Care Community Health 2021;12:1–4.
4. McLenon J, Rogers MA. The fear of needles: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Adv Nurs 2019;75(1):30–42.
5. McMurtry CM, Noel M, Taddio A, et al. Interventions for individuals with high levels of needle fear: Systematic review of randomized controlled trials and quasi-randomized controlled trials. Clin J Pain 2015;31(Suppl 10):S109–23.
6. McMurtry CM, Taddio A, Noel M, et al. Exposure-based interventions for the management of individuals with high levels of needle fear across the lifespan: A clinical practice guideline and call for further research. Cogn Behav Ther 2016;45(3):217–35.
7. Hogan ME, Probst J, Wong K, et al. A randomized-controlled trial of parent-led tactile stimulation to reduce pain during infant immunization injections. Clin J Pain 2014;30(3):259–65.
8. Taddio A, Ho T, Vyas C, et al. A randomized controlled trial of clinician-led tactile stimulation to reduce pain during vaccination in infants. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2014;53(7):639–44.
9. Taddio A, McMurtry CM, Bucci LM, et al. Overview of a Knowledge Translation (KT) project to improve the vaccination experience at school: The CARD™ System. Paediatr Child Health 2019;24(Suppl 1):S3–18.
10. Taddio A, Ilersich ANT, Ilersich ALT, et al. Piloting the CARD™ System for education of students about vaccination: Does it improve the vaccination experience at school? Paediatr Child Health 2019;24(Suppl 1):S35–41.