1. King D, Mainous AG, Geesey ME, et al. Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels. J Am Coll Nutr 2005;24(3):166–71.
2. Staudacher HM, Whelan K. Altered gastrointestinal microbiota in irritable bowel syndrome and its modification by diet: probiotics, prebiotics and the low FODMAP diet. Proc Nutr Soc 2016;75(3):306–18.
3. Eslami V, Katz MJ, White RS, et al. Pain intensity and pain interference in older adults: role of gender, obesity and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein. Gerontology 2017;63:3–12.
4. Gandhi R, Perruccio AV, Rizek R, et al. Obesity-related adipokines predict patient-reported shoulder pain. Obes Facts 2013;6:536–41.
5. Janke EA, Tozak AT. “The more pain I have, the more I want to eat”: Obesity in the context of chronic pain. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2012;20(10):2027–34.
6. Steck SE, Shivappa NS, Tabung FK et al. The dietary inflammatory index: A new tool for assessing diet quality based on inflammatory potential. The Digest 2016;49(3):1–9.
7. Han HS, Chang CB, Lee DC, et al. Relationship between total fruit and vegetable intake and self-reported knee pain in older adults. J Nutr Health Aging 2017;21(7):750–58.
8. Costa de Miranda R, Paiva ES, Suter Correia Cadena SM, et al. Polyphenol-rich foods alleviate pain and ameliorate quality of life in fibromyalgic women. Int J Vitam Nutr Res 2017;87(1-2):66–74.
9. Draganidis D, Karagounis, LG, Athanailidis I, et al. Inflammaging and skeletal muscle: Can protein intake make a difference? J Nutr 2016;146:1940–52.
10. Longo VD, Mattson MP. Fasting: Molecular mechanisms and clinical applications. Cell Metab 2014;19(2):181–92.
11. Mochizuki K, Misaki Y, Miyauchi R, et al. A higher rate of eating is associated with higher circulating interluekin-1beta concentrations in Japanese men not being treated for metabolic diseases. Nutrition 2012;28:978–83.
12. Kim DJ, Xun P, Liu K, et al. Magnesium intake in relation to systemic inflammation, insulin resistance, and the incidence of diabetes. Diabetes Care 2010;33(12):2604–10.
13. Czaja-Bulsa G. Non-coeliac gluten sensitivity – a new disease with gluten intolerance. Clin Nutr 2015;34:189–94.
14. Vaghef-Mehrabany E, Alipour B, Homayouni-Rad A, et al. Probiotic supplementation improves inflammatory status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Nutrition 2014;30(4):430–35.